Small architecture form "Tukums Twinning Cities".

Location: Pils iela 3
Small architecture form was opened on 1 May 2004, set in honour of Latvia joining the European Union.

Sweden – Tidaholm

  Cooperation agreement with the Tukums Town signed on 19 January 1992.

Tidaholm Municipality is located in the Western part of Sweden between two of the biggest lakes in Sweden – Vanern un Vattern. Tidaholm community consists of a town and its rural area sheltering about 13000 residents within the territory of 521 km2. Development of the town is traced back to 19th century with the construction of the match factory Vulcans Tandsticksfabrik. Woodland and water are regarded principal natural resources of the community. The people of Tidaholm are proud of their museum, graphic art workshop, library, kitchen and bathroom furnishings exhibition hall, medieval churches, Hökensås holidays village, vast woodland areas enclosing the town. For sports activities sports hall, ice hall, swimming pool with sauna, bowling hall, mini golf, tennis courts and hose riding facilities have been adjusted. In summertime open-air stage operates in the central park. In August Crayfish day is celebrated, when crayfish can be fished in the River Tidan in the very town centre. Principal production – matches, kitchen and bathroom furnishings, truck spare parts, plastic glass for auto trailers.

www.tidaholm.se

Germany – Scheessel

  Cooperation agreement with the Tukums Town signed on 7 February 1992.

Scheessel Municipality is located in the crossroads of Medieval German Northern-Eastern trade routs and its history is told to be 1200 years old. Scheessel has an easy access due to its favourable geographic location – surrounded by such cities as Bremen, Hamburg and Hannover. The Scheessel Municipality consists of 12 villages in the territory of 14 967 ha sheltering 10 500 residents. The most famous historic places are St. Lucas church, Heimatmuseum and Meyerhof illustrating economic and social traditions of the Scheessel town. Traditions of the folk dance are kept alive by the Scheessel folk dance group "Orginalal Scheesseler Trachtengruppe" popular also far beyond the borders of the town. The people of Scheessel take active part in cultural and sports activities. The town has sports fields and halls, tennis courts, golf and bowling areas as well as horse-riding facilities. Local motto club annual competitions taking place in June gather about 45 thousand motto fans from all around Germany. Main production fields – construction of bridges, sawing equipment, packaging and production of industrial lacquer.

www.scheessel.de

Lithuania – Plungė

  Cooperation agreement with the Tukums Town signed on 26 July 1996. Agreement was resigned on 12 June 2010.

Town Plungė was first mentioned in writing in 1567. The municipality of the town Plungė consists of 11 rural communities. More than 44000 residents live in the territory of 111 000 ha. The area has 1800 operating enterprises. Main production areas – production of linen and textile industry, woodworking, fish, milk and meat processing. Several construction organisations operate in the community. Plungė hosts four newspapers and a weekly newsletter informing on cultural events.
Since 1994 the castle of grand duke Mikolas Oginskis shelters Zhemaitians art museum with Zhemaitians art objects gathered from all around the world, as well as national artefacts and church art objects. Every quadrennial the town welcomes International Zhemaitians art exhibitions.
15 km up North the Žemaitija national park covers 21720 ha.
Every year Plungė welcomes guests for its town celebration, international theatre festival, religious music festivity and international dance festival. Every two years people gather for international festivals – brass bands and folk groups – "Sun Read".

 www.plunge.lt

Russia - Krasnogorsk

 Cooperation agreement with the Tukums Town signed on 8 September 1996.

Krasnogorsk District Municipality is located by the highway Riga – Moscow. Krasnogorsk was formed by several villages and gained its status of a city in 7 October 1940. Largely production and development of the city is based on the production of machinery once used for war, space and medicine industry. Currently Krasnogorsk shelters more than 90 thousand residents. In Krasnogorsk district 8 elementary schools, 16 secondary schools and two sports schools operate.
Krasnogorsk is proud of its Anti-Hitler museum and museum of machinery factory. The city also shelters cinema archive of the Russian Federation. In short ride from Krasnogorsk you will find Arhangelska estate complex once owned by the kin of grand duke Golicin.
Recently reconstruction of the "Zorkij" stadium has been completed, and now it operates both in winter – ice coverage, and summer – artificial lawn.

www.krasnogorsk.ru

Israel – Bney-Aish

  Cooperation agreement with the Tukums Town signed on 8 December 2000.

Bney - Aish – a town-village is located in the very crossroad of central Israeli roads: 25 minutes away from Tel Aviv, 45 minutes drive from Jerusalem and 15 – from the Mediterranean coast. Bney-Aish was founded on 7 October 1957 replacing the former English war base. The people of Bney-Aish started with training their hands in various auxiliary works in the surrounding settlements. The first half of 1990-ies was the time when the number of former Soviet Union repatriates increased substantially. Bney-Aish took its hands on absorbing the repatriation. In the late 90-ties 65% of 6500 residents of Bney-Aish were the young Russian repatriates.
The people of Bney-Aish take active part in local cultural events. They have an option of joining dance group, senior choir singing both in Russian and Hebrew, theatre troupe and chess club. Representatives of the municipality have joined local people for making museum complex in the northern part of the village.
The village operates 2 elementary schools and 9 kinder gardens. Secondary and higher education can be acquired beyond the borders of the village. The public centre and youth club offers participation in various sports, art, music and drama studios.

www.bney-ayish.co.il

Ukraine – Izjum

 Cooperation agreement with the Tukums Town signed on 26 August 2003.

Izjum sleeps in the Eastern part of Ukraine. It is the second largest and one of the oldest cities in the Harkow district. The city fits the bank of the River Northern Donca at the foot of the maintain Kremenecs. The city is crossed by the road connecting Harkow and Rostow. The city of 43.6 km² shelters about 60 thousand residents.
The first written record on Izjum dates back to the year 1571. The status of a city was granted in 1681, and in 1880-ies the citadel was erected.
The second half of the 19th century and the beginning of 20th century was the zenith for industry. In 1910 railway road Harkow – Donbass crossed Izjum. It was two years when the city opened its railway repairs shop. 1917 was the year of opening optic glass factory. Currently Izjum is a home for optical glass and equipment production manufacturing optical lenses and medical optics, bakery, brewery, coachbuilder and mineral fertilizer factory.
Natural resources – phosphates, quartz sand.

http://www.izyum.info/

Byelorussia - Korelići 

Cooperation agreement with the Tukums Town signed on 4 March 2005.

Korelići – a town-village, the centre of the Grodna regional district. The town-village fits the bank of the River Rutka in a 185 km distance from Grodna at the highway Novogrudok – Minsk.
The first written notice of Korelići dates back to the year 1395. Since 1594 Korelići is known as a small village. In the 17th century Korelići became part of the property held by the Grand Duke Radzivill. Those days wallpaper factory launched its operation producing exclusive weaved wallpapers.
In 1655 during the war between Sweden and Reč-Pospolit the Swedish troops destroyed Korelići. Around 1795 Korelići became part of the Russian Empire.
During the World War I, Korelići was the battle front resulting in complete destruction of the small village and German occupation. During the timer period from 1921 to 1939 it was mapped along with Poland, whereas since 1939 – with the Byelorussian Soviet Socialistic Republic leading to gaining its village status and Korelići District Centre in 1958.
Since 1958 Korelići lives under the flag of a town-village, but since 6 January 1965 – Korelići District Centre.
Currently Korelići shelters about 7800 residents. The village operates flax processing factory "Koreļič ļon" and several food processing units. It hosts comprehensive school, music school, recreation centre, library, hospital and drug store, consumer service establishment and communication department. It is proud of saving a cultural and architecture monument – Svjato-Petropavlovska church.

www.korelichi.by

France-Chennevieres

Since 2004 cooperation with Chennevieres, France, is promoted.

Once upon a time Chennevieres was a tiny small village on the top of a green hill held by the Paris St.Genevieve Abbey. Along with the expansion of farming and craft and due to close breath of Paris, Chennevieres has found its way to becoming a town covering 572 ha and sheltering 17 919 residents.
Chennevieres fits the bank of the River Marne down South East from Paris laying 106 m above the sea level.
The municipality operates 6 primary schools, 6 elementary schools, 2 secondary schools, a high school and a music school.
For sports activities it has 2 sports halls, 2 stadiums, tennis courts and summer swimming pool.
Production: industrial district (28 ha).
Sightseeing: Chennevieres terrace, location with the sight of Paris, St.Pierre Church (13th century), Forts de Champigny constructed in 1878 – 1880 for protection of Paris, and 2 parks in the city.

www.Chennevieres.com

Poland-Andrychow

Cooperation agreement with the Tukums Town signed on September 5, 2008.

Andrychow is located in the south of Poland, between Vadovici and Bielsko-Biala, near Osvencim.
43 987 people live in Andrychow district, in the city - 22 669 inhabitants, district  area  100.60 km2, urban area 10.3 km2
Andrychow municipality  has developed the following industries: cotton plant (Holding AZPB Andropol), diesel engine manufacturing (Andoria SA), fire-fighting equipment (Ogniochron SA), juice and mineral water production (Wosana SA), logistics companies and small textile and knitting company.
Natural scenery and climate diversity opens the door for tourists to engage in various activities: walks in the mountains and forest, bicycle, horse riding, winter sports (skiing, running with the sledge), cultural and religious tourism, eco-tourism.

www.andrychow.eu